In my opinion any Digital Marketing Agency that’s worth its salt should pay close attention to the following recommendations from Ruth Burr
Below under the heading “SEO Tactics that Never Stop Working” is an excerpt from Ruth Burr’s first post as the new Lead SEO at SEOmoz in 2012.
In my personal experience to date of keeping my website www.swimmer.co.uk at the top of its niche for “waterproof mp3 players, cases & headphones” for the past 6 years by just using good onsite SEO …I totally agree with Ruth’s recommendations.
That’s not to say that onsite SEO alone is enough to get you to the top of Google these days but its certainly a solid basis that seems to stand the test of time with Google’s updates to date & works at its best when combined with subject related back link building
SEO Tactics that Never Stop Working
- Find the terms that people are using to search for your products, and then talk about your products on-site using those terms, without using them so much you sound crazy.
- Make sure a search engine can find every page on your site, read the content and figure out what the page is about (i.e. what keywords it should rank for).
- Fix the broken stuff on your site, remove duplicate content and make the whole site architecture faster.
- Create interesting, relevant, fresh content that is designed to engage users and encourage them to share it with others.
- Build links to your site from other high-authority sites with which you share a topic or audience – better yet, build relationships with those sites that can earn you links again and again.
- Make sure you’ve got a good experience for users once they get to the site: the content they see is the content they want.